In today’s society, touchscreen laptops and PCs are incredibly beneficial. You can simply tap the screen to scroll and open files, whether you use it for business or play.
Your touch screen laptop gets dusty from time to time, just like any other equipment. It’s cloudy due to the dirt and your fingerprints as well.
Additionally, it won’t be enjoyable for you to work on a device that appears to be dirty. We will thus give you a thorough explanation of how to clean your touch screen laptop so that it is free of dust particles and appears sparkling.
The fact that you can do it on your own is the best part. Let’s begin straight away.
How Can I Clean My Own Laptop Screen?
With a few tools that are always hiding around your house, you can easily clean your laptop screen at home.
Depending on the state of your laptop, we have included a list of various cleaning methods below.
A microfiber cloth is a relatively straightforward method for dust removal. This substance is frequently used to clean delicate surfaces.
- First, shut down your laptop
- To completely clean your laptop’s touchscreen, use the microfiber cloth.
- Do not vigorously rub the screen; instead, gently press it.
- If you merely wipe in one way, the dirt from one side of the screen can stick to the other.
If you believe the dust is too sticky, you can alternatively use a mild solution of screen-safe water or soap.
Commercial disinfectant wipes are available and are used to clean equipment.
Dirt and grime
When your smartphone is excessively grimy and sticky, a piece of microfiber cloth by itself won’t do much to change things.
Then you will need a fresh sponge (like the ones you use for dishwashing) and some distilled or filtered water.
- Squeeze the sponge after dipping it in water to drain any extra liquid.
- Wipe the laptop screen with a soft cloth to remove any dirt.
- Wipe any water drops from the screen right away, if you notice any.
- Before using the laptop screen, let it thoroughly dry.
Oily and Sticky Materials
Even after using the two aforementioned ways, the laptop screen might still not be completely clean because it may have come into contact with something greasy or sticky.
These materials might be attached to the screen, which makes it impossible for them to be removed.
To solve this problem, use a microfiber cloth and a screen-safe cleaning chemical to remove all those oily materials.
- Spray the cleaning solution on the microfiber cloth initially.
- Make sure the cloth is not moist and remove any surplus cleaning substance.
- From the middle of the screen to the corners, wipe in a circular motion.
- When cleaning, don’t use too much pressure, and keep cleaning the gadget until it’s fully clean.
Is It Safe To Clean A Laptop Screen With Water?
Some of the methods we discussed require the use of water, so you can clean your laptop using water. All of the methods include utilizing water to clean, except dust.
Since laptops are electronic gadgets and water is not a friend of electronics, you must proceed with caution.
Here are some safety measures you may take when using water to wipe your laptop screen.
- Before you begin cleaning, turn off your laptop. If you can, you should even take the battery out for added security.
- Never use tap water as it includes minerals that could harm your laptop’s screen.
- When cleaning your laptop screen with water or water-based products, always use a microfiber cloth or sponge.
- Do not immediately spray or pour water onto the screen.
- To get rid of extra liquid, squeeze the microfiber cloth or sponge as much as you can. Verify that the sponge or cloth is moist, not wet.
- Clean the screen lightly; do not apply excessive pressure.
- Avoid starting from the corners as the liquid may enter the device because the cloth or sponge will initially be moist.
- To stop water from entering the device through the keys, you can cover the keyboard using silicone keyboard covers.
- Avoid using substances that could harm your touch screen.
- Once the screen has been thoroughly cleaned, use a disinfectant.
- After allowing the laptop screen to dry for a while, turn it on.
What Should You Do and Shouldn’t Do When Cleaning a Touchscreen Laptop?
A laptop’s screen is an extremely delicate component. Therefore, you shouldn’t use any cleaning products because doing so could result in screen damage.
You can find some products on our list that are safe to use to clean your laptop’s screen as well as some that you shouldn’t.
- Solution of isopropyl alcohol with a concentration lower than 70%
- White vinegar to distilled water in a ratio of one to one
- Solutions for cleaning screens
- Screen-safe disinfectant wipes Bleach used for household cleaning with a concentration of one-third cup bleach in a gallon of distilled water
- Distilled water plus a small bit of dishwashing detergent
- Faucet water
- Any alcohol solution that has more than 70% alcohol
- Removers of makeup
- detergents with fluoride or ammonia
- Solutions of ethyl or methyl more potent than 35%
- Abrasive, abrasive, and detergent-infused sponges
- Wool or everyday fabric
How You Should Clean A Laptop’s Keyboard
You wouldn’t want to leave your laptop somewhat soiled, would you? Why not make the screen look shinier by cleaning the keyboard after the screen?
Keep in mind that there is a significant probability that liquid will enter the device. We may therefore clean it safely without using any solvent.
- Using a microfiber towel, wipe the keyboard starting from one direction to get rid of as much dirt and grime as possible.
- To thoroughly clean the portions of the keyboard that are difficult to reach with a cloth, use compressed air.
- To clean up spills like juice, use a moist microfiber towel.
- Once the keyboard has been cleaned and dried, disinfect it.
What Are Some Other Ways to Keep Your Touch Screen Laptop Clean?
We always have a laptop with us, and we use it continuously throughout the day. It will occasionally become dirty.
These are some pointers you may use to keep your laptop looking tidy and to make working on it more enjoyable.
- Regular cleaning will prevent it from getting too dirty.
- Every time you are not working, keep the lid closed.
- Avoid keeping any liquids close to the laptop; in the event that something spills, clean it up quickly before it dries, as this will make the cleanup process much simpler.
- Avoid leaving your laptop in direct sunlight since UV rays could harm the screen.
In the same manner that we install antivirus software on our laptop to protect it from viruses, it needs to be physically cleaned as well.
Consider how much more productive you would be if you used a clean laptop as compared to one that didn’t look so well.
Regular cleaning improves the condition and durability of your laptop as well as your productivity levels.
When using a touch-screen laptop, the safety of the screen must come first, so the cleaning procedure must be done correctly.
We hope that after reading this article, you have a clearer idea of what to do and what not to do when cleaning your expensive product.
However, the cleaning technique must be properly executed when a touch-screen laptop is involved, with the safety of the screen taking precedence.
After reading the post, we hope you have a better understanding of what to do and what not to do when cleaning your priceless item.